Wednesday, April 8, 2009

How To Annoy An Astrologer

There have been times when I've been out at a party or a bar or some other social occasion and I'll meet someone new, and they discover that I am an astrologer. Sometimes... often with painful regularity... the first thing this person will ask me is "What Sign am I?"

Thus far I have (fortunately) resisted the urge to respond with something like "If I was a doctor, would the first thing you ask me be 'What's wrong with me?'"

Because that, at least, I would have a quick answer for.

***

Former (and probable future) celebrity train wreck Britney Spears appears to be back at the top of her game, with another single on the charts and all her hair grown back in... kind of like I said she would be a while ago. Thus, today's choice rerun is...

The Britney Spears Chronicles.

7 comments:

NR said...

"Because that, at least, I would have a quick answer for."

Funny :)

Nathan Kibler said...

I would them them they were born under a "yield" sign.

Anonymous said...

They do this to me too, except they follow with, "and am I compatible with x, y, and z..." I don't know! I'd have to look at your entire chart and run Synastry. Jeesh!

Anonymous said...

Dear MTA,
II'm sorry someone offended you. I hope your sensitive nature will be able to recover soon. In the meantime please know that we miss you. Please post. My job is so boring, and reading your blog is essentially the highlight of my day. So you can see that this past week was a dark one for me. In the spirit of hope and renewal that Easter and whatnot assorted fertility holidays represent, I offer you a virtual egg, dipped in chocolate on one side and brilliant blue dye on the other, as an offering to your muse and yourself to share as you hunker down and enlighten us with your caustic wit and astrological irreverence. I still think you should look me up and just in case you live in boulder as I'll be there next week, compatibility in tow. ~hp

Matthew The Astrologer said...

Awww... thanks. But I should clarify: I have Moon in Cancer on the Ascendant, opposed within a degree by Mars in Capricorn. Mild annoyance comes with the territory. Humans, thankfully, are usually there to provide an excuse for me.

And all fertility-imagery-related gestures are more than welcome. Thank you. :)

Matthew The Astrologer said...

NOTE: I won't be previewing my Astrologydating.com blog entries here from now on. Better get over there and subscribe to the RSS feed before you miss anything! Head over to astrologydating.com/blog and read the whole series... and ALL my new stuff... for free!

Matthew The Astrologer said...

One more thing: even if you aren't a big Facebook user, you may want to join the "Conquer The Universe With Astrology" page there.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Conquer-the-Universe-With-Astrology/114490497067

All the updates, all the forecasts, all the radio show... all in one place!